Staff Login


Are you having problems in the workplace?

At Citizens Advice Bureau Westhill and District we can help you with a variety of work related issues whether you're an employer or an employee.

We can provide advice relating to any of the following matters:

  • redundancy, dismissal and retirement
  • employment contracts, terms and conditions
  • grievance and disciplinary procedures
  • discrimination in the work place


We advise you to bring the following documents with you to ensure that we are able to give you accurate and relevant advice:

  • Contract of employment
  • Actual date employment commenced
  • Disciplinary and grievance procedures (if not contained in your contract)
  • Pay slips
  • Evidence of Hourly/Weekly wage, or salary
  • Names, addresses and statements from any witnesses to the events
  • Other letters/documentation including warnings

Citizens Advice Bureau Westhill and District will never ask you to provide confidential, financial or banking details by telephone or email.

We have prepared a template form for you to complete. This will allow us to get started as quickly as possible and will significantly reduce the amount of time you need to spend with an adviser. You can download the template from the Downloadable Documents area.

Although completing the template form will help, it is not a replacement for original documentation. Please ensure that when you visit the bureau, you bring the above template and the original documentation listed above.

If your intention is to submit a claim through the Employment Tribunal System, there is a time limit imposed. It is therefore to your advantage to come to the Bureau as soon as possible after the events. In any event it is important that you first follow your employer's grievance procedure before considering presenting a case to an Employment Tribunal, we will be able to help you engage with your employer if you need such support.

At present, we have no capacity for employment tribunal representation. If this is a service you require, please contact us and we will be able to advise on your options for representation at a tribunal. We can also assist in referrals to employment lawyers or legal clinics.

There is also additional help available on this subject at the Adviceguide website. Citizens Advice Bureau Westhill and District is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.